CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Weekly Reflection #2

I can’t believe I only have one more week left of Senior Project! Everything seems to speeding up at an accelerating pace. Luckily, our project is looking better than I ever imagined it would and I can’t wait to show it off at the senior project exhibit; this past week has really proven to be the most productive week yet! However, Erin and I definitely need this upcoming week to finish everything and make some last minute changes.

I am entirely content with having spent two weeks on this project and am even more excited to prepare for yet another week. This project is perfect for Erin and I, as it touches on many of our passions and hidden interests. I love writing, always have, and feel that this is a venue of writing that I have never explored. I sincerely hope that when our Proctor families read the reviews that they will feel as though they can make a well educated decision about which restaurant to dine at. I must also say, Erin and I are both quite talented at decorating and both have a keen eye for what colors and designs compliment each other best. Thus, we both love being in our element and have really had fun with the various scrapbook pages. This upcoming week we will be printing out all the pictures I took and pasting them onto the appropriate pages. I can’t wait!

This past week was entirely different than the first. Erin and I were completely finished with visiting the restaurants and collecting their information; all that was left to do was to begin the process of piecing together the binder. We spent the entire week sitting down on each other’s couches and on the floors of our rooms in a jumble of scrapbook paper, paper clippings, glue sticks, tape, scissors, and clear plastic sheets. We also had to print out countless pages of directions and menus. Erin and I were both astounded at how long all of this took. We are very precise in our cuts and measurements, as we both want the binder to look neat and professional. I spent the weekend at Erin’s house and we both decided to put in several extra hours on our project! This week has taught us a lot about personal responsibilities and spending time wisely. We have become so dedicated to this project and want to be absolutely positive everything is finished on time and is exactly what we hoped it would be.

I feel that Erin and I have really made the best use of our time, whether we were together or apart. It is also incredibly helpful to spend time working on our binder at Margaret’s house, for she is right there if we need her assistance. This week, our sponsor really helped give us ideas about how to best organize our binder and what would work best in terms of catching our readers attention and helping them out with traveling around the area. I thoroughly enjoyed meeting with Kim Hurlbutt and am looking forward to hearing back from her about the prospect of creating a website about our restaurants.

All of the various steps Erin and I have taken to further this project are really building upon each other and everything is coming together. We are very excited to begin yet another successful week!

Until tomorrow -

Becca

0 comments: