CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Week 3, Day 13 of Senior Project!

As I expected, today was a whole lot of pasting… and when I say a “whole lot” I, more precisely, mean 4 ½ hours!!! Erin and I woke up bright and early at 8:30, and began work on our project 9:00 sharp!

At 9:00, I opened up our binder, grabbed the first glue stick and started the long process of pasting each and every piece of paper down to each and every page. I hadn’t realized how long this would take! Not only that, but crouching over a book for 4 ½ hours really starts to take a toll on your lower back! But even with the pain, I marched forward, until, that is, the glue stick I was using ran out! This glue stick was a heavy duty one and I couldn’t believe that I had already used it all up. I ran around my house trying to find another one, and luckily found one buried underneath pens and pencils in my desk’s junk drawer. This glue stick was smaller than the first, and unfortunately, didn’t last very long! So after about 6 more restaurants being pasted down, I had to run around the house, yet again, to find another glue stick. This third glue stick ran out even quicker than the first, and, this time, I was positive that there were no more glue sticks left in my house. Thus, I was forced to resort to using a hot glue gun – which was surprisingly easier and faster! Using a hot glue gun was actually a lot better for gluing all of the business cards, as they are made out of thicker paper or sometimes even plastic. It felt so good when I was finished gluing everything down because it made everything final. Although there are still a few more things to print out and glue, that wont take very long in comparison to this morning! At 2:30, I laid down the hot glue gun, and threw out all of the dead glue sticks!

It was time that Erin and I discuss our options for dealing with the La Meridiana issue. We both came to the conclusion that La Meridiana should be eliminated from our list, which I feel is the best decision for the overall goal of project. Consequently, Erin and I decided that we should visit The Old Courthouse, in Newport, and see if it is worthy of making our Top 20 list. Erin and I made reservations for 7:30 tonight! We were both very excited to try a new restaurant.

At 7:00, Erin and I departed from her house and traveled over to The Old Courthouse. It was very easy to find and is beautifully situated on a small hill. The inside of the restaurant was dimly lit and the atmosphere was very warm. Everyone we talked to was so nice and genuinely interested in our project. The owner of the restaurant even came out to speak with us and told us about how the restaurant was just featured in the New Hampshire magazine!! I can definitely understand why, as each one of my dishes were extremely delicious! For an appetizer, I had Cream of Broccoli soup (which was scrumptious!), for an entrée I had the Salmon Lillian, and for dessert I had the unbelievably rich and yummy Chocolate Gnash! The meal was definitely up to our expectations and both Erin and I felt that The Old Courthouse would be perfect for our binder! We left the restaurant at 9:00 to come home; we arrived home at Erin's house at 9:30.

Until tomorrow -

Becca

0 comments: