CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Week 1, Day 3 of Senior Project!


Wow!
Today was such an eventful and busy day! Yesterday, we both decided that today would be perfect for driving to the Hanover/Lebanon area, so at 11:00, Erin and I left to head up there. From 11:00 – 4:00, Erin and I were driving around to 9 different restaurants, where we took several pictures, explained our project, took notes, and even spoke with the owners! Our car rides are the perfect time to talk about plans for the rest of the week and discuss our ideas for our binder. First we drove to Hanover, where our first stop was Margaritas! Here I am standing in front of the Mexican frogs outside of the restaurant:



After Margarita’s, we stopped at Jesse’s, The Canoe Club, Molly’s, and Mai Thai. For lunch, we ate at the Canoe Club, and I am pleased to say that it absolutely met our expectations. The manager we spoke to was so nice and especially interested in our Senior Project, and the wait staff were friendly and attentive. I had a wonderfully fresh and delicious grilled chicken salad with cranberry’s, baby spinach, and a blue cheese vinaigrette dressing; yum! Check it out below:




While in Hanover, Erin and I also peeked our heads into the restaurant, Carpaccio, which we are planning on eating at this Friday night; it looks very promising. While in Hanover, we also took note of the great surroundings that are available for Proctor Families. The stores in Hanover appeal to both adults, students, and even small children.

Erin and I then left Hanover and traveled to Lebanon. In Lebanon we visited Lui Lui’s, Koto’s Steakhouse, Three Tomatoes, and Yama’s! It’s really fun to see how excited the restaurant managers/owners get when we reveal our Senior Project; they are all so humbled and happy to help us with anything we need.

After bouncing around from place to place for five hours, we had accumulated quite the handful of sample menus, business cards, and other pertinent information. I took over 80 pictures today!

At 4:00, we arrived back at Erins house and at 4:30 I went home

Tonight ended up not being a good night for my family and I to go out to eat, so instead, from 5:30 – 7:30, I loaded all the pictures I took today onto my computer, and I even started the editing process! So far I am very happy with how all the pictures came out and can’t wait to put them inside the binder!

I am pretty tired from today! Until tomorrow –

Becca

0 comments: