CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 19, 2008

Week 3, Day 11 of Senior Project

Erin and I only have four days left of senior project! It’s unbelievable to think that we’ve come this far in only two weeks. Our project continues to become better with each moment we work on it.

Today was picture day! At 11:30, Erin picked me up at my house and we drove over to her house where worked the entire afternoon. We started work at 12:00 and stopped at 5:00, when my parents came to pick me up. For those five hours, Erin worked on several of her reviews, while I started printing out all the pictures of each restaurant so that we can add them to our binder. As expected, this task was very time consuming, for I had to resize each picture to fit the confinements of the given page, wait for it to print, and then carefully cut each picture out and neatly rearrange them on the binder pager. On average, each restaurant will display four pictures: the restaurant sign, the outside of the restaurant, the dining room, and the pub.

Upon adding the pictures to binder, we could immediately see how much color and depth the pictues gave the book. The pictures are such an important piece to the project. Without pictures I assume it would be very difficult or families to feel 100% confident about their decision to eat at one of our suggested restaurants. I know that if it were me, I would want to see pictures of the restaurant before dining there in order to gauge if it’s the right pick for my family. We did not finish printing out all of the pictures, but have plenty of time to do so tomorrow, for Erin will be coming over to my house and we will be able to work into the wee hours of the night!

While at Erin’s house, we were also introduced to a new computer software that will help us with creating our condensed version of our Top 20 Restaurants book. The software will allow us to transfer all of our information and material on the computer where it can be resized and reformatted to fit our choice of pamphlets or flip books. We will try and create a book that will serve as an example to admissions for what they might be able to continue producing in the future, if they so wish.

Erin and I also discussed our options for La Meridiana. Although in the past, I have had several wonderfully delicious meals at La Meridiana, our job with this project is to please the readers and present them with a restaurant that will show them an enjoyable time, and La Meridiana seems to rub a lot of people the wrong way. We discussed our options and we might give La Meridiana’s spot on our list to The Old Courthouse in Lebanon. This change would be an easy one, so I am not too worried about this slight dilemma.

After I arrived home at 5:30, I worked from 6:30 to 7:30 on further editing some reviews. Today was a very successful day, as all of our days have been!

Until tomorrow -

Becca

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is the new software that you will be using?

Becca said...

the new software that erin and i will be using is called ClickBook!!