CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Week 2, Day 7 of Senior Project

Today, Erin and I were once again reunited! After Erin finished her strenuous AP Environmental exam this morning, Erin came over to my house to pick me up so that we could begin a productive day of our Senior Project.

Erin and I arrived at her house at 12:30 and sat down at 1:00 to begin our very long session of senior project work. We spent the next six hours accomplishing many of the tasks that are essential for the completion of our binder. Erin and I decided a while ago that it would be best and most logical to include the exact directions to each restaurant from Proctor Academy. I spent two hours locating the directions, checking them for accuracy, and then printing them out. After I found all the directions and printed them out, I cut each of the 20 Top Restaurant directions into smaller sizes to better fit the binder and to make more room for other important material.

For about an hour, Erin and I also spent time looking through all the various scrapbook paper, wrapping paper, and construction paper in her house that we may be able to use to enhance our binder. We found some really fun and restaurant appropriate paper that will look really great as a frame for menus and pictures. I also called our sponsor Margaret to schedule our next meeting. We set a meeting for tomorrow in the early afternoon.

Erin and I are really interested in how we might go about making a website on the A-Z Proctor page that gives a brief list of our Top 20 Restaurants, their locations, and contact information. To answer our inquiries about such a task, we decided to email Kim Hurlbutt, who is the person Michelle told us to contact for such questions. Erin emailed her and asked if it would be okay if we met with her Thursday morning. Kim promptly responded that that would be fine! I Can’t wait to discuss the options with her!

The next two hours I spent helping Erin locate the rest of the restaurant menus online and then printed them out. It’s difficult when the restaurant does not offer an online menu, but, thankfully, such restaurants usually offer sample menus at their actual restaurant location, and we were smart enough to grab a sample menu at any restaurant that offered them - so I think we are all covered. The online menu for Three Tomatoes Trattoria (one of my all time favorite restaurants in the area, by the way), was not in a printable form but was rather in a scroll box. Thus, I had to copy it out of the scroll box and paste it into a word document; this did not produce the same looking menu as online. Subsequently, I had to spend additional time editing the menu so that I looked presentable and properly formatted.

Later that night, from 7:00 - 8:00, I worked on some more reviews, but had trouble today with the writing process and did not feel 100% confident with what I had written. This week, I will revisit the reviews I attempted to write today and probably rewrite them if need be. Neither Erin nor I were in the writing mood and instead focused on other pressing tasks. I’m sure tomorrow and the rest of the week will yield better results for writing the rest of the restaurant reviews; today just wasn’t an ideal day as we were both tired.

Until Tomorrow-

Becca

0 comments: